webviewer dialog box interupts script

lsmall

This topic is 5711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have an FM script that "scrapes" data from webviewer. This is an automated data collection tool that I use on a hospital lab system with an HTML interface.

Occasionally an entry in the web-based system produces a dialog box which interrupts the script and I must manually press return or click "OK" to allow it to continue. The dialog is purely on the web server side and has nothing too do with FM. The same dialog would come up if the web based lab system was queried manually in a web browser.

I am looking for a way to automatically answer this dialog box so that the script would continue on its own. Since it holds up the FM script, I am thinking that the answer would have to come from outside FM, maybe in the form of an applescript, but I'm not sure. Ideally this would also be able to run on Windows though.

Any solutions? The most basic solution I can think of is to have an applescript just keystroke Return every five minutes or so in case the dialog has occurred in my abscence, but I find this a bit inelegant.

Thanks

If you mean a reload of the webpage/webviewer, no the dialog box would not be cancelled. Its a stand alone dialog box. There is no way to manipulate anything in the webviewer unless OK is clicked. Even if a reload was possible, the dialog box would just come up again for that patient. It's a javascript message that comes up infrequently for certain patients. I have asked our IT department to see if it could be disabled from their side as it is actually a rather useless and meaningless message.

I really don't know HTML, but I think that when the dialog box appears, the focus passes on that window; so I think that it's possible to intercept that action with the OnBlur html event ( placed into the calc for the web viewer ) and close the dialog box.

Ask to somebody who knows well html.

( something like: OnBlur Window.close( ) )

This topic is 5711 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.