Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Calendar and Reminder

Mats

This topic is 5150 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a home made database for my costumers that I use for calling and selling my products.

But so often people ask to call them later and it's a true hustle to use i.e. iCal or another calendar.

So I am looking for a simple way to insert a reminder with a popup or something when it's time to call back.

Thanks,

Mats

Create an Activities table.

Include fields such as,

_kF_ClientID

Date_Entered

Date_Completed

Type (Followup Note, Email, etc)

Then, create a portal on your Client form to the activities table. Sort by Date Completed, asc.

To remember to followup, just click New Activity (popup window) and create a new Activity record of type Followup. Since it won't have a date completed, it'll rise to the top.

In a list view of activities, you can find for those without a date completed.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the reply. Great that I do not need a plugin. But on the other hand as I am very novice on FM I would truly appreciate if you could explain a little bit more how to take the steps?

I can not find in help and do not understand i.e. "Activities table"?

If you do not mind and have time?

Thanks,

Mats

Perhaps the next step, short of grabbing the user manual, is to explore some ready-made FM templates. There are the ones that come with FM, and those from SeedCode.com and ProductiveComputing.com.

Well there is no template with reminder function and the sites you suggested have exactly the function I am looking for, but obviously it's not possible to see how it's made.

But I understand that you are tired of stupid questions from newbies }:(

You can adapt seedcode to just about any database. They have a free version and will supply you with very easy to follow instructions. The folks there are great and will also answer any questions you may have via email.

I used it in one of my apps and had it up and running in a few hours. That included some basic layout changes to fit my look and feel.

Also, take a look a Data4Life.

http://www.data4life.net/

They have a functional Activities table that you can adapt as well. It may take a little longer than seedcode, but, is more of a task/tickler file than a calendar.

hth

I certainly hope that you're being sarcastic! I try to answer "newbie" questions with as much empathy as possible--I was once a newbie (way too long ago, I'm afraid).

Activities is nothing special, just another table related to Clients. However, it has a date completed field, that if empty, means your need to do it!

The templates have taken this idea and embellished upon it. I thought it'd give you a jumpstart.

Given some time, I could hack together a simple demo.

Thanks for some info aldipalo.

bcooney >> Aouch I am trly sorry if it sounded sarcastic. But I know as a fact that also in my business you get tired of stupid questions some times :)

I am looking to make the simplest possible solution for my customer database. No fancy big calendars. I just try to find a way to insert at date and/or a time that I am going to call the client back.

Some times it's after X minutes/hours, and some times it's many clients you agreed to call i.e. Friday next week. So a simple list with Customers ID popping up at the given time/date will be fine for me. I am looking around every where for a simple solution, but so far no luck.

And also I have been googling around how to get a popup window like the ones used on internet with javascript and also on Mac/Windows as dialoge windows. But no luck there either }:(

But for sure I appreciate all the help I can get!

Here's a simple demo. What I'm trying to show in it, is that an activity record without a completion date is a "to do." You can see the activities from the Client form view, or see a list of all Activities and find the ones without a date completed.

Followup.zip

• 1 year later...

I was thinking more like a popup window as a reminder at a certain date and time as agreed with the customer. (Call "Customer ID" 13.10 31-3-2010)

And also a list (that could be done from yours "bcooney"

This topic is 5150 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.