Accounts and Toolbars

This topic is 5675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

How can a separate account be created to allow for data entry? When I go to edit privlege sets, the fields are grayed out.

I'd like to create another privlege set to allow for data entry and to not show the toolbars. The toolbars allow scripts to be created.

Is there a way to do this without kiosk mode?

Is kiosk mode secure and does it allow for data entry? Is there a demo of kiosk mode?

Thank you

The default privilege sets all have square brackets "[]" around their names, these cannot be changed (as you've discovered).

The trick is to select one, then click on the Duplicate button. change the duplicate to suit your needs.

Kiosk mode is a display option, it has nothing to do with access or security.

You will need a copy of FileMaker Pro Advanced to create custom menus.

From the privilege set options, you can set the menu commands to have All, editing only, or Minimum.

With advance, you canb create custom menus that can be attached to a specific layout, loaded with a script step, and a default one for the file.

"I'd like to create another privlege set to allow for data entry and to not show the toolbars. The toolbars allow scripts to be created."

Do you mean the menu bar? There is no command on the toolbar that allows scripts to be created.

Either way, the creation of scripts can be disabled with a suitably configured privilege set. AFAIK the default [data entry only] is so set up.

This is the opening script for a database that I am modifying. Once the user logins in, the user can navigate to a login and logout screen. When the original dialog box asks for a username and password, it allows one to cancel and gain access to more of the database. I password protected the entire database from the start with manage accounts, but the user can cancel that and gain access to the login screen. How does Filemaker Pro 9 manage login and logouts? The webseminar for Filemaker Pro Advanced had a login script, and a login window.

Set Field[VRaction::gAlreadyOpen; 1]

Set Zoom Level[100%]

Adjust Window[Maximize]

Show/Hide Status Area[Lock;Hide]

Perform Script[unknown>from file; "VR-Users 4"(file not open)]

Select Window[Current Window]

Perform Script["Login.sub']

Edited by Guest

Why aren't you using the credentials dialog that FileMaker Pro provides? It asks for an Account Name and a password. When you have entered that information, if you are authenticated, then you are admitted to the file with the defined Privilege Set.

Steven

When I click the cancel button, the full access screen is open to view.

The first screen that opens is a screen with several buttons that lead to different tables in the database. One of the buttons is user mode. That button leads to a login screen created by a script, one account has full access, the others are limited. The buttons on the first screen before allow the user to click around and go to part of the database where the toolbars are not limited and the scriptmaker is visible.

Even in limited access mode, on several screens, the toolbar menu and scriptmaker are visible.

I password protected the database when it first opens with the accounts feature-that allows the full access person to monitor the login. The login screen is still able to be cancelled.

I you haven't done so already I recommend you read the white paper on FileMaker Pro's access and security features. There seems to be confusion on how to go about setting up and using privilege sets and accounts.

http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/pdf/techbrief_security.pdf

"Which type of script creates a login button?"

There is a Re-login script step. It is used to get the user to re-authenticate.

The first step, though, is to set up the privilege sets, then set up accounts. Have you done this?

The designer of the original database has setup a user mode screen that allows one to login. There are scripts but not accounts. The login screen had toolbars. I created an admin account for the entire database but once in, the login script prompts another dialog box, and once the cancel button is clicked on that box, the user can click on links to tables through buttons.

The buttons lead to different tables through the perform script, is there a way to enable a script to perform a script and require a username and password?

The designer of the database installed a script for one table with the step if the account does not equal a certain account name-toolbars off.

That script did not work.

I changed the script several times. It is not protecting the table. The user is able to click on that table and see the toolbars when the cancel button is clicked.

In Filemaker Pro advanced once the toolbar menus are removed, how are the toolbars enabled-through manage scripts?

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.