Compare List Lines

This topic is 5648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Folks,

I need some help with a Recursive CF.

I need to compare each value in a MASTER list to the same value in another List (A). The result will be a percentage of exact matches of the master list. Example:

List A = A¶B¶B¶A¶C¶C¶A¶A¶D¶D

MASTER = A¶B¶B¶A¶C¶C¶A¶A¶D¶D

Matches=10/10

Result= 100

MASTER = A¶B¶C¶A¶C¶B¶A¶A¶D¶D

Matches=8/10

Result= 80

MASTER = B¶B¶C¶A¶C¶B¶A¶A¶A¶B

Matches=5/10

Result= 50

etc...

Both List will have the the same amount of values although the quantity of values (lines) will vary.

Some values in List A will be null or blank which is considered a non-match.

Appreciate any help you can offer ;-)

Just a quick question ... I don't really understand "Both List will have the the same amount of values although the quantity of values (lines) will vary." You mean the number of entries will always be the same (in your example, there are 9 carriage returns; 10 values). Will that remain consistent in all lists? I ask because, if there aren't always the same number of slots, how will we know which ¶ (null) replaces which value (missing slot location)? Make sense?

Edited by Guest
Changed wording

Just a quick question ... I don't really understand "Both List will have the the same amount of values although the quantity of values (lines) will vary." You mean the number of entries will always be the same (in your example, there are 9 carriage returns; 10 values). Will that remain consistent in all lists? I ask because, if there aren't always the same number of slots, how will we know which ¶ (null) replaces which value (missing slot location)? Make sense?

YES!

Sorry about that. What I mean is MASTER LIST will always have the same number of lines as List A, BUT the total lines will change. For example:

List A=10 Master List=10

List A=8 Master List=8

List A=5 Master List=5

etc...

Does this mean sense?

This topic is 5648 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.