Listing multiple field contents in a field

This topic is 5550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I have a layout in my database that I am trying to use as an order entry form. When the form is complete, I'd like the database to send out an email with the body of the email being a list of field names and contents of the record displayed as a list. Like this:

Entry Date: January 20, 2009

Customer Name: 3M etc.

I've been trying this using the FM email feature, but it only lets you include the contents of one field. So I was thinking if there is a calculation that I could use to list the info as formatted above, in one field and then include that in the body of the email, that would solve the problem. Does this sound logical? Is there a better way that people normally use to achieve this?

I look forward to hearing from you.

MVC

create a calc field, eMailBody, and use the concatenate features to create the text block you want. For example,

eMailBody (result text) =

"Entry Date:" & TO::EntryDateField & "¶"

& "Customer Name:" & TO::CustomerNameField

...where TO is the table occurrence.

Edited by Guest

Forgive my naïveté, calculations have not been my thing. Here's what I have in the calculation dialog:

"Entry Date: " & Date & "¶"

"Customer Name: " & Customer Name "¶"

But I get the alert that an operator is expected here: and have the second line highlighted.

What am I missing?

As it says, you are missing a few & operators:

"Entry Date: " & Date & "¶" [color:red]&

"Customer Name: " & Customer Name [color:red]& "¶"

BTW, although as a rule literal text needs to be enclosed in quotes, there is an exception for a single carriage return, so you can safely make it:

"Entry Date: " & Date & ¶ &

"Customer Name: " & Customer Name & ¶

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I think what is being ask, since this is the solution I am trying to find, is this.

I want to make a list separated by ";" that includes email addresses from two different tables - one is a general company email (only one email address in a single field) and the other are all the emails from the related contacts (as many as 10 or more). The company and contacts are related through a member id number.

Is there a script I can use?

Thanks

This topic is 5550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.