Need a help to show the portal records based on the find criteria.

Guru Salem

This topic is 5558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a table customer, and invoices. invoice layout having a portal to show the customer names.

If I'm going to search the A(starting letter) customers in customer layout the records will show in fine.. But the invoice layout customer portal will show the all records. But i need to know how we can show the customer names based on search criteria.

Example

If i find the A Names in customer layout means the portal should be shown in A names only

If i find the S Names in customer layout means the portal should be shown in S names only

Could any one please suggest me to solve this solution.

Thanks in advance...

You will need to capture the IDS of your current found set into a global text field. This can be done by using a dedicated layout with only the CustomerID and using a script to Copy All Records and paste into the global field. I believe there is a custom function that does this as well.

Then using a relationship from this global field to a TO of the customers, the portal will have to be filtered to display only the related customer records. If you need to see how this works, then looks for samples on these forums for +portal +filtering

Thank you mr_vodka!..

I have a one more problem same as this one..

I have candidate table (fields: name, age, mail.. etc), and also a mail-template table.

In mail template layout having a candidate list portal..

My requirement is whenever i find some records in candidate layout. the mail template portal should show the candidate found records.

If you need a sample file.. I will send you..

many thanks

Hello,

Guru has given the required details. But I would like to add few more details:

Take it as an example

1. We have a table A with 1 lakh records. We have given option for the user to find the records. For example, if a user has entered few search criteria and the retrieved records found was 30 thousand

2. We have an global layout, there we have created a relationship with the table A. We have just created a temp field and using it, we are connecting the tables and we shown the records which are matched for this condition in the portal

Our question is, after the user found 30 thousand records from 1 lakh record. He clicked a button to go from the table A layout to global layout. Currently in the portal (which is connected with the table A), it is showing all the 1lakh record. We want to show only the 30 thousand records.

Solution suggested by you - If we try your suggestion then it is difficulty for us to store the 30,000 ids in a global field.

Kindly suggest us.

Thank you.

Hari

I understand it is not a feasible. But the above is the situation. Kindly suggest us how have a script that will run for 1 or 2 minutes to get the IDs of 30,000 records. I feel it is not feasible.

Hari

You've been told how to do it. The process to copy 30,000 ID values should be nearly instant. Have you tried it so you know what you're talking about, and if not, why?

This topic is 5558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.