Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filtering Numbers In Portal?

JenNicole

This topic is 5572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All, I need help with a task. I have a database with 30000 records representing members.... I have a field for 'State' and a field for 'Current'. All I want to generate is a report that lists each state and how many current members within each state. So for example the report would be: AL =96 CA=77 and so on ...

So far I have used a script to isolate these records and a summary field to list the total within the state but I cannot list more than 1 state at a time.... Do I achieve this through a portal or :? I may be making this harder than it is, but any help you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jen.

You are indeed trying to make this more difficult than it seems. You do not need a portal. What you need is a subsummary report.

First your script should find only active members. Once you have a found set of active members, your script will need to sort by the state and then go to your report layout.

You can use the new layout wizard (list/report) to help you create the layout and script. You will want to group and sort by your STATE field. The wizard will give you the option to create the script for you as well.

After the wizard is done, you can delete the 'Body' part if you dont want to list the actual members. This will leave you with the header, subsummary part, and footer. Place your summary field that counts on the layout next to the state name. That should be it.

Good luck.

Ok I appreciate your help in answering this, however, I am thinking I may have left out a bit of information in my initial explanation.

I am in need of the following outcome:

AL = 66

CA = 77

and so on.

I can get it to where it will show me the state name and how many current members, but if there are 77 members in CA, it will show 77 lines for this. I am in need of one line per state with the total. This way, at the bottom of the screen I can get an accurate total number of current members in all states.

I hope I am explaining this a little better this time. My apologies for not doing this the first time round.

The link below is kind of what I am dealing with, but am having trouble getting this result. Plus, I believe what is shown in the topic below may be a little more than what I am needing.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/199752

Thanks again! :)

After the wizard is done, you can delete the 'Body' part if you dont want to list the actual members. This will leave you with the header, subsummary part, and footer. Place your summary field that counts on the layout next to the state name. That should be it.

This topic is 5572 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.