Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sub Summary using Summaries form 2 tables

chlowden

This topic is 5563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks to the kindest of BCooney, I have been working on a simple Debit & credit db for multiple projects. It basically has 3 tables, one that contains a debit amount, a second for the credits and a projects table. I been trying to create a report that summarizes both the credit & debit info for all the projects but without success. My problem is that I have a summary field for all the credits in one table & another summary field in the debits tables, but I try to use these results via a relationship in either table layouts, I don't get the same figures & the calcs are all wrong. Is this normal? Should create a new table for global results? I have tried getsummary calc but that does not work either. Many thanks.

Edited by Guest

Hello again. Last we left off, I directed you to M. Edoshin's cross-tab technique, and introduced you also to sub-summary reports. As Michael points out, credits and debits belong in the same table. I suggest, rather than posting for technique (functional) help, why not post for data model help (do you have the correct table and relationship setup). It seems that your problems stem from a faulty "foundation," if you will. We'd be glad to offer suggestions on how to model your database.

This topic is 5563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.