Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pictures do not show up

This topic is 5464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I got 5 tables (Picture, Event, Consequence, Cost and Login).

The table picture has some container images (not global).

The relation between Picture(serial key) and Login(serial key) is an "X".

The relation between Login(serial key) and Event(serial key) is an "X".

The relation between Event and Consequence is a "=". The field "_fkEvent" in the table Event is linked with the serial key of Consequence.

The relation between Consequence and Cost is a "=". The field "_fkCons" in the table Consequence is linked with the serial key of Cost.

My problem is that my images in the table Picture does not show up when I'm in my table Cost but it does in Event or Consequence. I checked if I had a problem in my link (wrong number in one of my field) but it's all good. I can correct my problem if I put a new instance of Picture linked with an "X" with Event, but I'd like to know why this is happening. Any ideas ?

I'm hope I'm making proper since of this, but from what I can tell, picts is related to log in (1), which is then related to events (2), which is then realted to consiqunces (3), wich is then related to cost (4). But from Picts to login and login to events (1,2 and 3) you are using the field serial key, but after that other fields. So it looks like the cain is broken at that point.

If I understand the chain correctly as:

Costs -< Consequences -< Events -x- Logins -x- Pictures

you will see all Pictures from a record in Costs only if that record has at least one related record in Events, AND there is at least one record in the Logins table.

Other than that, it seems strange that:

The field "_fkEvent" in the table Event is linked with the serial key of Consequence

The foreign key field in the Events table, linking to the primary key in Consequences, would be normally named ConsequenceID. I'm not sure if it's just a misnomer or if there is a real problem with the relationships.

This topic is 5464 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.