Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Format of Container Field

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have a database with two tables. In the first table (rgbtext) there is a text field "Category" with 3 other number fields "red" "green" "blue"

The second table (rgbcontainer) has a text field "Category" and there is a join between the category fields.

In the second table I have a calculation field called category_color that uses the TextColor function and pulls the values from the red, green & blue fields

I also have a container in the second table which I'd would also like to display the same rgb color as the category_color. So it needs to pull the "red","green" & "blue" values from the rgbtext table.

I've messed with the conditional formating a little but I'm not quite getting how this can be accomplished.

Any help would be appreciated.

rgbcontainer.zip

Thank you for your attention to this.

Is there not a way to pass the values from the Red Green & Blue fields to autogenerate the color of the container fields?

It looks like in both methods you provide you had to "set" the rgb color rather than pulling from the data in the fields.

Is there not a way to pass the values from the Red Green & Blue fields to autogenerate the color of the container fields?

No, at least not without a plugin. And you cannot use calculated color values in conditional formatting either.

There is another way, though - see:

http://fmforums.com/forum/showpost.php?post/302292/

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.