Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Checkbox beside menu item?

This topic is 5386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not as a setting. However, you maybe able to mimick it by changing the calculation of the title override which would include a star or dot etc.

That's what I tried first: I used an if statement to make the menu item change to Enable or Disable based on a global field. But in practice, FileMaker never reevaluates that calculation... so no matter what, the name of the menu item doesn't change. Am I missing something?

You are absolutely right, but I have no idea why.

I managed to make it work as you want it to by adding an 'install menu set' command at the end of your script. Seems to make FileMaker refresh the menu items.

Bit of a bodge, and shouldn't have been necessary, but it works.

Working file attached.

I have subscribed to this thread and would be interested if you ever find out why it is happening. My first thought was because the field is global and therefore unindexed, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Always a good idea to make sure the record is committed after toggling, too.

James

menu_fixed.fp7.zip

This is because simply changing the global field doesnt not do anything to allow the custom menus to load again, therefore not refreshing them.

You could see the effects by simply going into Find mode and then back to browse mode.

P.S. There was a previous thread on this about a year ago but I can not seem to locate it.

Edited by Guest
added PS

This topic is 5386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.