Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Highlight Field when Modified

This topic is 5375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a budget layout that may be modified and submitted several times. I need to know the most appropriate way to highlight the fields that have changed since the last time it was submitted.

My brain says use conditional formatting but I don't know how to tell it...If (Field01 *has been modifed since* SubmittedDate"

Any help is always appreciated

It would seem by your description, that all records would soon have this flag?

Have you looked at the Audit or Field Modifications File examples?

Do a search for [color:blue]+Audit +Trial or [color:blue]+Audit +File (use the pluses as shown) should provide a lot of topics on this subject.

Ultra Log

Audit Trail

Link search for Field Modification.

HTH

Lee

It needs to be about half of the fields (approx. 300). I am aware of the the auto-enter and modifications logs. I was hoping that I was missing something easy with FM10 script triggers and conditional formatting.

Could I write one script to change the fill color and then apply the OnObjectModify script trigger? Sorry, I haven't used the script triggers yet so if this isn't the way they work you'll have to let me know.

Do you have a date field now called SubmittedDate?

If not, create a modification date field, if so, you have a few ways to do this in v10

Obviously, the best method is to create an Audit, or Field Modification Log where you can see all of the changes, the dates, who changed it, and from etc, rather than just that the field has been modified.

You can do a Flag in a few ways, the easiest is to use the Conditional Formatting on the Text Field. i.e not the SubmittedDate field

your formula would look like

not IsEmpty(SubmittedDate)

check the option for the Text Color and or Field that you want.

This will change the data in any record where there is an entry in the

OK LaRetta...talk to me. I only want one record per project making it necessary to have all fields on one layout. That is unless you can explain to me how to do this in a way that will work better.

We have a generic project tree that lists all phases and the tasks associated with those phases. The Descripiton, Phase and Task are automaticaly entered when the record is created. There is a radio button that is titled "include in budget". When that button is checked then the typical hours and fee are filled in. The Description, Hours and Fee can all be modified as needed per project.

Our accounting department only wants to see the phase/task/description/hours/fee that are being included in the total budget. Because the guy deciding what needs to be put into the budget needs to see a complete list of all available tasks and accounting only wants the end result, I have two tables. The second one is set to lookup the information based on whether the phase/task was "included in budget" in the first table. Apparently I've gone about this bass-akwards huh.

This topic is 5375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.