Dimensions of file

This topic is 4515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 years later...

In order to be green and cut down on paper, we need to get the dimensions of an image in SC. I can't see where this has been implemented, but I could be missing something. Has this been implemented?

One can use the GetAsText(Image) to get the image size if the file is stored in FileMaker by reference. Is there some way to use this in conjunction with the URL path in SC?

Thanks,

Will

Hey Will,

If you are wanting to grab a image/file from the SuperContainer server machine and place it into a FileMaker container field, you can use the SC Companion plug-in function: SCGetContainer(), which will fetch the SC file as Container field data. Our documentation goes into a bit more detail on the function and its uses.

As Val suggested, a ScriptMaster function could also accomplish this feat, and if desired, we could help write a simple function to grab the necessary information.

Regards,

Obinna,

Let me rephrase my posting. The goal is to determine the dimensions of an image that is in SC. SCGetContaier copies the image from SC to a container field. However, there is not a way, that I"m aware of, to extract the dimensions of an image from a container field. Do you know of a way to do this?

The only method, I am aware of, for extracting the image's dimensions is if the image is stored as a reference then the GetAsText(image) is called. Since images are essentially stored by reference in SC, it made sense when Valentine wrote in 2009 that they'd add this feature to the feature request list for SC.

I own a developer's license of SC and would like to see this feature in SC.

Any other ideas how to accomplish this rather than pay for SM development?

Thanks,

Will

This topic is 4515 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.