One Privilege Set and many Passwords with ability to access subset of the records

Adool

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. Can a Privilege Set be assigned to many passwords such that each password will allow the user to deal with only subset of the records.

Example: If I create a Markbook for Math teachers to include all the students of the school. How can I assign passwords to this Privilege Set such that each password will only be able to edit and change ... a certain class of the whole school.

Sorry, My native lang. is not English but my question again is: Accounts are combinations of Password and Previlege set that allows the user to do certain things. You can have many accounts with different passwords. These accounts will be able to do exactly the same things to the records. My qysetion clearly is: Can I limit the access of some users who are using the same Previlege set or do I have to create one Previlege set fr everyone of those users?

I am afraid your question is still not clear. Accounts that belong to the same privilege set have the same privileges (obviously). However, that does NOT necessarily mean they can all perform the same actions on the same objects; for example, a privilege set might restrict users to records where the field AccountName matches the user's account name.

Comment provides a common use of record level access. Each record contains an auto-entered value of the AccountName in a field named, "CreatedBy," for example.

The privilege set contains a rule that edit is allowed if Get (AccountName) = TO::CreatedBy. Get (AccountName) is a session value that is obtained by FM when a user logs in.

So, can you think of a value that each record will contain that would allow you to limit edit based on that field value? You could match record type, "Math" to an Account's allowed record types, perhaps...

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.