Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Eliminating the blank portal row

titanium

This topic is 5307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I know i have seen this in the past but cant find it again. (urggg) A kick to the forum post on this would be appreciated...

I have a portal displaying data with a DELETE button for each row. The problem is that the row directly after the last row of data shows the DELETE button, even tho it has no data in the portal row. Only the one extra row has this, the rest are blank as they should be.

(see attached picture)

I would be great full for a point in the right direction to find the solution to this...it just looks bad right now.

Thanks,

portal.jpg

Edited by Guest
Added Picture

Unfortunately, with Allow Creation of Related Records on in the relationship, you will always have this "ghost" record.

The only solution is to turn that off, and provide a New button that scripts the new child creation.

This is happening because you are allowing the creation of a record via the relationship. If you can not turn this off you will have to us a calculation to hide the icon you're using to show the delete button.

I use something that looks like this;

Case(

IsValid(Table::Some_Key); "Result1"; "Result2"

)

to use icons you'll want to setup a repetition field that holds the icons and replace the "Result1" and "Result2" with

GetRepetition ( repeatingField ; number )

Hope that helps.

Bcooney...

Not sure that the demo you provided is to do with the solution grumbachr recommended. I am now trying to figure out how to create a repeating field to hold the delete icon and ware the script grumbachr mentioned goes... Perhaps im missing something in your demo?

The further clarify... i only use the portal to display items, i do not create items via the portal...So, i dont need to create new records from here, just occasionally delete old ones.

Also... i am going to look further to see if i can remove the allowing of creating records via the relationship.... not sure, have to check, but that would sure be the easiest way to solve this!!

thanks for your continued input!

If you are not creating portals by typing directly in the portal, then just turn off Allow create in the relationship graph (double-click the box that is in the middle of the connecting lines). The "ghost" record will disappear.

This topic is 5307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.