Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Report PDF

SM76

This topic is 5250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good Day,

I'm trying to create PDFs from a simple data input mask. For simplicity, I have a few fields pertaining to the originator of the report followed by three blocks of fields pertaining to separate aspects of the report. Each of these three 'blocks' of fields has one field that can either be 'applicable' or 'non applicable'.

What I'm trying to do is create a function to print/save a PDF that checks whether the 'block' is applicable or not and then omits or includes that block in the PDF.

Any help greatly appreciated!

best,

Mat

ps: I'm trying to not have to create 7 layouts with all possible block combinations. I do realize that that's a possibility.

Your setup isn't clear to me. It would be more clear if you provided the field names and how a user selects which is applicable.

Sounds like you need a calc field that only shows the text from the applicable field (however that is determined). Put that calc field on the layout that you'll use in the Save as PDF script step.

aah b, to the rescue once again, what would be do sans you .. B) thanks for your post

okay, simplest case:

the report has a name field

followed by a group of fields as follows:

radio button field

another group of fields:

radio button field

I want to print a PDF where, depending on the radio button selections the particular 'group of fields' prints or does not print.

I hope I'm clearer this time, thanks for your help again

Mat

I hope I'm clearer this time

Not really. Does this report include multiple records? If so, do those "applicable" flags apply to each record (i.e. some may need this block, while others do not), or is it a global setting for the entire report?

Perhaps a practical example would be more useful than an abstract description.

my apologies .. here's a little file with a data input layout and a print/pdf layout .. what I'd like to see is the print/pdf layout to display (or not display) the little boxes with the three fields in it depending on whether the radio button has been set to applicable or non applicable

my setup may be completely off, I'm approaching this from an end result point of view because clearly I have no idea how to do it B)

thanks very much,

Mat

FM_sample.fp7.zip

This topic is 5250 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.