Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Outlook Automation

Jalz

This topic is 5204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I’m creating an Task/List, to do items in my FileMaker based solution. The client wants me to output this also to Outlook. I have managed to get a calculauted field put in the contents of my vbscript and export and execute it.

"Const olTaskItem = 3 ¶

Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") ¶

Set objTask = objOutlook.CreateItem(olTaskItem) ¶

objTask.Subject = "" & Subject & "" ¶

objTask.Body = " & Details & " ¶

objTask.ReminderSet = True ¶

objTask.ReminderTime = #27/01/2010 12:00 PM# ¶

objTask.DueDate = #27/01/2010 12:00 PM# ¶

objTask.ReminderPlaySound = True VBCR

objTask.ReminderSoundFile = "C:WindowsMediaDing.wav" ¶

objTask.Save”

I always get an error on line 1 character 22. Looking at the vbs file created, the ¶ is not putting in the line breaks and this is where my problem lies. If I manually go into my file and put in the line breaks and run it, it creates the task with an alarm.

Does anyone also know how I can update a task created in outlook. I was thinking of using the webviewer example to try and retrieve the id of the task but don’t know how to request the id?

Many Thanks to any advice.

Jalz

I think it is price to be honest.....5 user system i think it gets quite pricey.

Ive looked at the Exchange manipulator product, looks quite good, have you used it?

I've used Outlook Manipulator. The requirement was only for email in/out, not calendar or tasks, but I found it straightforward and Prod C's support staff very helpful and responsive.

You can put the VBscript code in a regular text field so that you can avoid having to use the P return characters. All you need to do is to substitute in your data and then use the Export Field Contents script step.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for this, I was using the wrong export command. Its all working now 

Do you happen to know what the easiest way is to get the outlook ID when a task is generated. I was thinking of using your method of using the webviewer, but haven’t yet successfully got your example file to work on my computer.....besides I am not sure how to request the id number for outlook in my vbscript.

Many Thanks for your help

I looked for some old code but can't locate it this quickly. A google search will result in some hits on how to get the unique Outlook ID so that you can use it in FM.

If the scraping of the web viewer doesn't work for you you can try the importing route:

- VBScript produces a text file (in the user docs folder)

- VBscript triggers a FM script that imports the text file in a scratch table and you process the result

This topic is 5204 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.