Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Phone call

This topic is 5149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just built up a database including customers table with a phone field. I have a search function when phone calls come in you can manually type in the phone number, and from that you get an existing customer. If they do not exist, it creates a new one.

But I was thinking that maybe there is a way of the phone calls coming in through windows, it could capture their number and do this automatically, putting the phone number straight into filemaker? Maybe even a button that says "Get Number" and once clicked, it gets their number and does its search?

• Newbies

that is a little steep for just capturing a phone number. I did find http://www.youseful.com/fmplugins/fmtapi Though i do not require the bell's and whistles for just one phone number (since i don't require the address etc...). I have been looking at a few vbscript's, but nothing that gets something from Microsoft Phone Dialer.

I do this with our ISP phone system but have the developers rights to the "Call Manager" it uses. I setup a vbs script to be ran when a line is "connected"(user answers the phone) (passing the Caller Id to it as an augment) that saves the Phone number to a text file, connects to filemaker pro, checks if a script is running (to prevent it from screwing up something else the user may be doing) and if none is running it executes a filemaker script that imports the number and does a find in the system for the customer that is calling in. If a script was running at the time the user may hit a button after they are done with whatever they are doing and it will import the last number captured and run the same script.

The hardest part of any of this is interfacing with the phone system.

You said ISP Do you have A voip system there.. I like that little TAPI module/// played with it a bit/// Don't have the hardware on the other end yet to capture data... youseful has done the hard part, has some great samples.. I am looking in and at doing something like you,, why I am interested and commenting.

I think FM only calls out to the Windows Dialer

And that TAPI module looks the best bet.. is a plugin to FM. Otherwise, Troi maybe other way, more work, from serial port

I am wondering what phone system that 24Uphone interface supports.. ie. Asterisk my next seek/

TAPI says...they they - filter and drop incoming calls based on caller ID information

Rod

This topic is 5149 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.