Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scheduled Task frozen ?

This topic is 4978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

It seems that I have a small problem with a scheduled task...

What I am trying to do is to run a batch script which will mount a share, and then execute my filemaker script (which is supposed to export records as a .xls file on the share.

The problem is :) It blocks while executing the batch file... it stays in "processing".....

See screenshot : (Wird ausgefürt = Processing in german)

ZOOM here

fmerror.jpg

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

EDIT : The batch file works perfectly when executed manualy !

Edited by Guest

It would execute normally when you run since it runs in your security bubble. If you let FMS execute it (even when you're logged in) it runs in FMS' security bubble and that is with "LOCAL SYSTEM" credentials. That doesn't allow it to touch network shares outside its own machine.

You should export to the FMS documents folder and then use an OS script to copy the files to the remote share. And like Steven says: use the UNC format of the share, no need to mount it as a drive because that fails more often than not.

Thank you for your answers ! I really appreciate.

Well, I also tried to export in another local folder. But in vain :) The path is correct, but it just doesn't export and it gives me a "scripting error" :

2010-09-16 14:46:00.766 +0200	Information	645	PMDB	Scheduled Task "fg": Scripting error (800) at "Dev_Patchlog_PMDB_V100 : PL_WebExportTrigger : Export Records".

I am really getting a headache at trying to export this stuff !

I tried to export using "Get(DesktopPath), Get(DocumentsPath), Get(FileMakerPath)" ....

F.

I wonder if "Export Records" is Server-compatible ...

FileMaker 10 introduced a distinction between "IWP" and "Server" compatibility in the Editing Script window.

I'm still using FM 9, where it's identified simply as "web compatibility." It shows "Export Records" and "Export Field Contents" are not web-compatible. I think that's true for Server scripts, as well.

... just a thought. Hope you get it worked out.

Yes Export is Server compatible.

The problem is (I guess) that we use a Filemaker User name, not a Window user name to create the Schedule script on the server.

And the Filemaker username is not allowed to access disk shared or not.

The Filemaker username is not recognize as a window user.

I'm wondering why the Shedule script don't allow a window login name? Any idea?

Thank you

Alain

That's why we have Script Sequence schedules:

- let the FM script export to the FMS documents folder

- in the schedule, follow this with an OS script (batch file, VBscript) that copies/moves the exported file to the network share by using the share's UNC syntax

If this doesn't work for you, do just the FM export script as a schedule and use a separte OS script schedule or a regular Windows Task Schedule to do copying/moving of the exported file

This topic is 4978 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.