Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Print PDF without User Intervention

djc728

This topic is 4984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script where I would like to open up a PDF (Open URL script) and then print it out without the user having to do anything.

I believe I have to use the SEND EVENT script step right after the OPEN URL script but I'm not sure where to find my .EXE file to do the printing.

Are there any freeware apps out there that will print a PDF or am I going in the wrong direction here.

DJ

Perhaps a watch folder on the desktop that triggers an event such as PRINT when a document is placed inside?

FMP creates a PDF in the watch folder.. the OS takes over and prints contents, then moves or deletes pdf.?!

Hope that helps.

I know On Mac it's possible w/ Applescript.

Edited by Guest

Under Windoze, printing can be achieved with Send Event, Open Document/Application, e.g.

"AcroRd32.exe /N /T C:picklist.pdf"

would print C:picklist.pdf -- this assumes Acrobat is installed on the computer. See Adobe Link

This assumes you have downloaded this file to the local computer with ScriptMaster, MooPlug, cURL, etc.

I'm assuming on a Mac you convert it to postscript, then lpr it, either with pdf2ps, or with acroread -toPostScript option (if that works on OSX); there may be a better way on Macs.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 4984 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.