Tracking Reasons for Changes

This topic is 8697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

The username says it all...rookie.

Working in FM4Pro, developing on a Mac and porting to PC.

I'm trying to do a simple sign-in roster, where users enter their user ID, hit OK and are logged in, date/time stamped, and set active (an entry in Timein field). Users are stored in the employee database. New users will set up a new record (userid, firstname, lastname, and orgid) in the employee database as part of the log in. When they log out, all users just enter user ID and the program pats 'em on the bottom, says goodbye, and calculates the amount of time on. Simple.

Except when I ported it from the Mac to the PC, it began to fall apart. F'rinstance:

--The login screen wouldn't zoom to 75% on startup, even though the script is identical to what worked on the Mac.

--Part way through a trial run of current users, it wouldn't log out, but kept logging them in, or vice versa (out, but not in)

--New users weren't led to the data entry screen when they weren't found in the employee database.

I think it's a procedural issue, but I can't put my finger on the problem.

Printing out the scripts to check the Find parameter(s) is tedious (is there a better way?).

The Find parameters have changed without my help, apparently on a Paste Date function. Should that happen?

Comments invited; Thanks!!

quote:

Originally posted by DBrookie:

The username says it all...rookie.

Working in FM4Pro, developing on a Mac and porting to PC.

Comments invited; Thanks!!

Most likely your problem lies in some of the differences between how Mac handle things and how Windows does.

For instance the Windows version of the software is a window within a window and you have less control over how those windows appear. You can minimize and maximize, as opposed to zooming to a particular size.

You may also be running into similar issue with your other script steps. It is still Filemaker so you should be able to debug pretty easily. I suggest liberal use of the Pause Script command to see where the problems are happening.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.inthescene.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8697 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.