Script for data entry?

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have a fairly simple need (I think) but I cant figure it out. I have a layout with fields from one table.

Field1

Field2

Date

Both Field1 and Field2 will have barcodes scanned into them, then a "submit" button underneath them. What I want to have happen is after the data is submitted I want Field1 to clear but NOT Field2. There will be a button next to it saying "Clear Field2". However unless done manually, I dont want to value to change in Field2 (but the records are still being created with each "Submit".

Also, is there a way to have a sort of table on the bottom of the layout show the last 3 records that have been scanned in, Field1, Field2 and the Date.

This is a very simple database, with one table and these 3 fields, and accompanying buttons. It's all we need it for. It will be used in FMGO on an iPod touch.

Thanks

Hi JD

I am not sure why this post got moved to this forum, the question really has noting to do with FMGO. Oh well, hopefully it will get seen...

Oh really?

Please read the topic descriptions before you post your questions. The original Topic you post to has restrictions as to what should be post in it. Sense your original ended by saying

It's all we need it for. It will be used in FMGO on an iPod touch.

Please address any more concerns about this action to me by Private Mail, and I can review your request to see if it would benefit by another move.

Lee

Hi all,

I have a fairly simple need (I think) but I cant figure it out. I have a layout with fields from one table.

Field1

Field2

Date

Both Field1 and Field2 will have barcodes scanned into them, then a "submit" button underneath them. What I want to have happen is after the data is submitted I want Field1 to clear but NOT Field2. There will be a button next to it saying "Clear Field2". However unless done manually, I dont want to value to change in Field2 (but the records are still being created with each "Submit".

Also, is there a way to have a sort of table on the bottom of the layout show the last 3 records that have been scanned in, Field1, Field2 and the Date.

This is a very simple database, with one table and these 3 fields, and accompanying buttons. It's all we need it for. It will be used in FMGO on an iPod touch.

Thanks

To answer the first question. Modify your submit script to do the following.

Before creating new record:

Capture the field contents of Field2 to a SetVariable script step.

After creating new record:

Use SetField to set Field2 to your Variable named from above direction.

To answer the first question. Modify your submit script to do the following.

Before creating new record:

Capture the field contents of Field2 to a SetVariable script step.

After creating new record:

Use SetField to set Field2 to your Variable named from above direction.

Thank you Russell, I will try that out.

Lee, I tried to message you but I got back "The member Lee Smith can not receive new messages"..

Thanks

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.