Go to Field NOT WORKING?

ron G

This topic is 4814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is another description of the problem:

I have a table called Members. On this table (in a 1:many) is Dues which is a portal.

The fields on the Dues portal are: DATE DUES PAIDYEAR

Date has an ONOBJECTSAVE trigger that runs a script called DuesDefault.

DuesDefault looks like this:

Go to Field PAIDYEAR -- This works

IF ---

setfield (all setfields work and are on the portal... but still on Members.

Else--

setfield

ENDIF

IF---

setfield

Else

setfield

ENDIF

>>>As I run Debugger, I can see that the Go To Field sends the cursor to PAIDYEAR but...

when the script falls out of the last ENDIF, the cursor jumps to the DUES field? A subsequent GO TO FIELD PAIDYEAR DOES NOTHING??? I have also tried Setfield. Nope.

So far I have been baffled by this for 3 days. Pleazzzzzzz, does anyone have idea how I can get the cursor to go to PAIDYEAR at the end of the script?

ishot-480.jpg

Suggest you post the entire script; or a copy or clone of the file. As mentioned by Wim; the setfield with no target makes no sense.

Set field does exactly that; sets contents of a specified field to a specified value. The field does not have to be on the layout and the set field script step has no relation to navigating to particular fields.

Suggest you post the entire script; or a copy or clone of the file. As mentioned by Wim; the setfield with no target makes no sense.

Set field does exactly that; sets contents of a specified field to a specified value. The field does not have to be on the layout and the set field script step has no relation to navigating to particular fields.

RE: Setfield. I did that as an act of despiration to see if it would contribute to a solution. The problem remains that Go To Field doesn't work -- unless I put an Exit below it. (Exit is the last instruction in the script). Why should that work? (I wonder if my FM 11 03 upgrade screwed up something?)

Pointless to discuss until we see your entire script or your file. Basically zero chance of any other problem except for a script logic error problem.

Further, you should understand the exit options for onObjectSave script triggers:

http://fmhelp.filemaker.com/fmphelp_11/en/html/script_trigg.38.6.html#1028606

This topic is 4814 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.