Server Maintenance This Week. ×

file recovery misuse!

This topic is 4788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I'm a bit worried I may have been doing a silly thing...I have been developing a fairly complex database for some time now and one thing that ihave done a few times is wipe all the data from the database and performing a recovery on it just to check for errors. Ill then really import the data and carry on working on it. I have read warnings about not using a recovered file though. This might be a bit of a bit of a problem though as I don't think I havea backed up version that hasn't been recovered! Should I be worried about using a recovered file like this?

In general, yes.

You should only do a recovery on a backup of your files so that you'll always have the original. Recovery is not a maintenance tool, it is meant to get data out of a bad file so that you can import it into a good backup.

Did any of the recovery log show any indication of problems?

• Newbies

Yeah I got

"WARNING: problems were detected while recovering the database. The recovered file should NOT be used going forward; copy only the most recent work from it into a backup copy of the original file." (I believe this is due to a 3rd party plug in though)

Best course of action? Can I just copy and paste Fields, tables, layouts etc into a new file?

I don't really want to start building it all from scratch!

This topic is 4788 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.