Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Icons in Toolbar?

This topic is 4400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

No, it's not possible because the items are limited to what can be selected in the customize toolbar dialog.

Also consider that the toolbar is under the control of the user; it belongs to the FMP application on the user's computer and is independent of the database (with the exception of whether the toolbar is shown or hidden, which the developer can control). The developer has no control over what appears in the user's toolbar.

• 11 months later...

Along the same line...when you open the option to customize the toolbar, on the Toolbars tab there is one option. Status Toolbar. To the right there are New..., Rename..., and Delete... buttons that have always been unavailable. How can I create new toolbars?

What version FM and platform (MAc, Win) are you using when you see the New, Rename and Delete options. I'l looking in FMP 11.0v4 on Mac OS X 10.7.3 and they are not there.

This is displayed for Windows and IIRC questioned when they first implemented it. It seems as though they had those as possibly future features of the custom toobar. Cant really do anything with it.

Hi Dana,

The status bar can be hidden. Why not create your own and use scripts?

How can I create new toolbars?

My reply shirttail that of Vaughan's and I was speaking metaphorically about creating a status bar. In other words, putting buttons in a header such as how it was done prior to the status bar being available, and attaching scripts to them.

Lee

It is such a shame to provide that pretty toolbar but make it worthless because it can't be modified the way we need it. I have not had a chance to check out 12 yet in this regard but it sounds like they didn't improve it one bit - even with all of our input. So it is still worthless then ...

LaRetta,

Not much pretty about that toolbar, at least up to version 11. It's grey and very utilitarian looking, at least when compared to my own headers! Just kidding, but I lock it out except in cases of extreme laziness. I wish I could find a reasonable way to duplicate the functionality of the horizontal scroll bar.

This topic is 4400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.