Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Button Color Change

This topic is 4685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all! I'm trying to figure out how to make the following conditional formatting problem work:

I want it such that there is a red or green circle filled in (or perhaps displays a graphic of a red vs green button) depending on if all the data for a row is filled in (if all is filled in, then green, meaning complete), where as if there is information missing, then the button is red (meaning there is information for that specific record which is incomplete). I seem to be at a loss however on how best to accomplish this. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!

Conditional formatting only works with text, so look for suitable text characters in the wingdings and webdings font families. Then use conditional formatting to "hide" the icons by setting the font size to something like 500 points, or change their colour based on the conditions.

• 3 weeks later...

Uou could use a calculation in the conditional formatting which says something like…

Count(field2,field2,etc)=the number of fields to complete

and give the button a background colour if this condition is met.

Another option is to create another layout with a single record which has two containers (your two graphics- lets call C1 and C2) plus a single non container field (It can remain empty). Create a Cartesian relationship (use the "x") using that empty field to link your two tables.

In the main layout make a button from a calculation field which uses the formula -

case (Count(F1, F2, …FieldN)= N,ContainerLayout::C1,,ContainerLayout::C2) where N is the number of fields requiring entires.

ConditionalContainer.fp7.zip

This topic is 4685 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.