Server side scripting problem

This topic is 4683 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello there,

I'm having trouble making a script run on my server. The server runs through the script without error, but it doesn't do anything. When running the script on the client, everything runs as expected.

Here are some info about the script :

- The script runs on File A.

- The script must modify a records in a related table on File B.

- File A and File B are on the server.

Here is a printscreen of the script :

screenshot2011071514334.png

BTW where can I find the things to know about server scripting? Example : You need a counter in a loop otherwise the script will return an error.

Things to know about server-side scripting: there is very little difference. Just remember to put your ScriptMaker to show only server-compatible script steps.

The Go To Record [Next, exit after last] also throws error 101 on the client, just like it does on the server because there is no next record.

I do note that you don't have error capturing on in your script, also no setting for "allow user abort [off]". That means that if the script does throw an error the script will halt at that point. The server event log will tell you what errors it has encountered, so check there first.

Keep in mind that file A will pull file B open and that will run the "on open" script in file B if there is one. That script and any of its subscripts may have script steps that are incompatible with server.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the solution. Even though the files are on the same server, they are not in the same folder. I classify them in categories for backup management. So I needed to set the relative path to the external data file. Eg : file:../otherFolder/FileB.

The problem with most server script is lack of documentation. Where can I find the official information I just mentioned?

This topic is 4683 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.