Increasing the Heap Space for Scriptmaster

This topic is 3566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

There are several previous posts that ask about this, but I have not been able to find a clear answer in them. I am encountering the java heap space OutofMemoryError and would like to see if increasing the heap space will get around the issue (I think the real issue is a java bug in scaling a bufferedimage http://bugs.sun.com/...?bug_id=6716560 ). This is a served solution hosted on FMS11 on a windows 2003 server with scriptmaster-4_02 and used by people on xp, osx, and vista. My questions are:

1. Does the heap need to be increased on the host or client machines?

2. Has the location changed since the wiki was written? http://wo.360works.c...of_Memory_Error

3. Do I need to create these folders, or should they be present (I can not find them on any of the machines. Only get as far as /Library/Application Support/ on osx and 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data on xp).

4. How can I check to see what the heap space is (and find out if it has been changed)?

I have tried creating a text file that contains only the three digits "512", saving it with the name "memorysize" with no extension, creating the /360FmKit and /360Works subfolders, and putting the memorysize file within. This does not seem to help, but I do not know if it is even changing the heap space at all.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

-Raz

The location of this file has not changed. You could write some java code to check the size if you wanted to, but it's going to be at 64MB by default, I believe, and if you don't have a file there it's going to be at the default. The available memory is also printed in the plugin log.

Double check and make sure the file does not actually have an extension, and it is not being hidden by your OS.

It's also possible that you may still be exceeding the available memory through what you are doing in your module.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This topic is 3566 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.