Server Maintenance This Week. ×

OMITTING records & web publishing

This topic is 8424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi, i had hoped to use FileMaker's ability to OMIT records to take items off a web site but not delete them. The problem i have is that when someone searches via the web it seems to reset the Filemaker databse and un-omit the records i had omitted within filemaker.

do i need to change the way i query the DB from the web or is the a better way to do this.

now that i think about it, it would be handy to "omit" records via a web interface rather than from within FileMaker. I already have a web interface for adding and deleting and editing records via the web but i can't find any documentation on "omitting" records via web UI.

thanks in advance...

quote:

Originally posted by instigator:

hi, i had hoped to use FileMaker's ability to OMIT records to take items off a web site but not delete them. The problem i have is that when someone searches via the web it seems to reset the Filemaker databse and un-omit the records i had omitted within filemaker.

do i need to change the way i query the DB from the web or is the a better way to do this.

now that i think about it, it would be handy to "omit" records via a web interface rather than from within FileMaker. I already have a web interface for adding and deleting and editing records via the web but i can't find any documentation on "omitting" records via web UI

You use the "Omit" concept but, you need a better implementation of it.

Basically you should have some field in the DB that flags the item as available or not. Then when building your finds, simply include an additional request, which tells the DB to Omit the records that are not flagged as available.

Unfortunately I am not CDML literate enough to give you the specific code on how to do this.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

• 2 weeks later...

Kurt, you're on the right track (of course). Lets say we make a calculation field (called "current") that is 1 when the records are to be viewed, and 0 when they are to be omitted. The syntax for the CDML command to search them is:

FMPro?-db=filename&-lay=layout&-format=webpage.htm&-error=error.htm&current=1&-find

Note the syntax: all the various bit are separated by "&-" except search field criteria which are just "&" without the dash.

This topic is 8424 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.