Saving excel file from scribe works only once

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have a strange problem. I load an empty excel doc from a containerfield. The loadDoucment is succesfull. Then I write some text and numbers to specific cells in the excel doc with ScribeDocWriteValue . At the end of my script I write the excelfile to a file on disk with ScribeDocSaveFile(get(documentPath)&"testxxx.xlsx") ( xxx is variable so I never overwrite existing file ).

This all works fine the first time. I can open de saved file with excel without problem, and all my values are there.

If I run the the same script again there are still no errors from scribe. But if I open the resulting excel file Excel gives me an error, stating that there are errors in the document. Excel gives me an option to repair, and then the resulting doc leaves out all cells that were filled with text.

I have to stop Filemaker, and restart it and then the script will output one more correct file. How can I prevent this behaviour?

I use a non registered copy op scribe, because i am in the process of evaluating if Scribe can fullfill my needs.

I am on Windows 7 and Office 2007.

Hope someone can help

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 4533 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.