jbsherry

Scribe 4.03 Problem writing images to Excel

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I modified an old script from a solution that exports rows of text fields with 1 image per row to xlsx. I don't know what version of the plugin was deployed with that solution, but images don't work when done with the older $result = ScribeDocWriteValue () or the newer script step. The plugin works without any errors but when opening the file I get "We found a problem with some content...Do you want to to try to recover as much as we can?" The resulting file is only 10K, whereas the image sizes vary from 200 - 600k, so it appears that the images are not being embedded.

I'm testing with Scribe 4.03 and FMPA 16.0.5.

Thanks,

-jb

Edited by jbsherry

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 360Works
      New Major Version Release:
      Scribe 4!
      We are excited to announce a new major version of a popular 360Works plug-in, introducing Scribe 4! 360Works Scribe is the ultimate document automation plug-in for FileMaker; it allows integration with Word, Excel, and PDF documents. In this release, we are taking it to the next level by adding in the ability to read your scanned documents, such as receipts, forms, or contract PDF files, with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) functionality. Additionally, we added features to allow you to merge PDFs and get meta-data from them, plus multiple fixes for existing functionality in Scribe.
      New OCR Functionality
      Scribe 4 ships with brand new OCR functionality to read your scanned documents and extract text to be added into FileMaker. For example, a law firm can scan in loads of paper legal contracts and have the text extracted and imported into the appropriate FileMaker records! Scribe leverages the technology of Amazon Textract which goes beyond simple OCR by not only extracting text but also identifying key information like the contents of fields in forms.

Click here for a cool demo file showing how to use this new OCR functionality in Scribe!
      New PDF Merge Feature
      We added two new functions to merge and manipulate PDFs with Scribe. For example, if you have a couple of PDFs stored in container fields, the new function ScribePDFMerge allows the two PDFs to be merged together. The new ScribePDFSplice function allows a multi-page PDF to be split up into smaller PDFs. This is beneficial if you have containers with multi-page PDFs, and only need to utilize a specific part of the entire PDF file.
      Get PDF Meta-Data
      You can now get meta-data about a PDF, such as the name of the author and page count. The new ScribeGetPDFAttributes function will return various meta-data about a PDF. This can be helpful if you want to have FileMaker manage PDF files according to the author or number of pages specified in the meta-data.
      Multiple Improvements to Existing Functionality
      We also made several upgrades to the existing Scribe functionality. When using Excel with Scribe, the Excel cell reading and writing images to Excel cells has been greatly improved. We also made fixes for the ScribeDocSubstitute function for replacing a value.

Try or Buy Scribe 4

Availability
      Scribe 4 is available now at the Scribe product page. Active maintenance subscribers for Scribe or the 360Works Portfolio Bundle can download new major version 4 at no additional cost. All purchases within the last 12 months are still under an active maintenance subscription. If the maintenance on Scribe has not been renewed within the last 12 months, you will need to purchase a new license to use Scribe 4.

For new license purchases, we have several license types available based on number of users, client-side or server-side usage, and a solution bundle license for developers with a vertical market solution.

A free, fully functional demo is available to test Scribe. While in demo mode, Scribe will run for 2 hours every time you launch FileMaker (or FileMaker Server, for server deployment).

Full pricing, license type information, and the demo version can be accessed at the Scribe product page.
        Try or Buy Scribe 4     Stay updated with 360Works

360Works

Questions? Please Email plugins@360Works.com

• By jcoulter105
      I am evaluating Scribe before purchasing.  I need to be able to read data from specific cells in Excel documents, which Scribe would appear to be able to do.  Per the docs, I am using ScribeDocLoad first, which is generating the attached Java error.  I have also tried accessing the file using the demo included with the plug-in, and it generates the same error as my application.  I've attached the excel file that I'm trying to access.
      I am using ProAdvanced 17.0.4 on a Windows 10 machine and FM Server 17.0.2

• By redecom
      Hi,
      I have a strange problem. I load an empty excel doc from a containerfield. The loadDoucment is succesfull. Then I write some text and numbers to specific cells in the excel doc with ScribeDocWriteValue . At the end of my script I write the excelfile to a file on disk with ScribeDocSaveFile(get(documentPath)&"testxxx.xlsx") ( xxx is variable so I never overwrite existing file ).

This all works fine the first time. I can open de saved file with excel without problem, and all my values are there.
      If I run the the same script again there are still no errors from scribe. But if I open the resulting excel file Excel gives me an error, stating that there are errors in the document. Excel gives me an option to repair, and then the resulting doc leaves out all cells that were filled with text.

I have to stop Filemaker, and restart it and then the script will output one more correct file. How can I prevent this behaviour?
      I use a non registered copy op scribe, because i am in the process of evaluating if Scribe can fullfill my needs.
      I am on Windows 7 and Office 2007.

Hope someone can help
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.