Design question: line break within [FMP-RECORD]

This topic is 8419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

well this code should do it.. let me know if you have any more questions i will try to explain it in more detail if you need me too

code:

<script language="javascript">

var howmany = 0

</script>

<table border="0">

<tr>

[FMP-record]

<td>

[FMP-field:Event]

<!--whatever fields you want to display in each table cell go here--->

</td>

<script language="javascript">

var howmany = howmany + 1

if (howmany ==5)

{document.write("</tr><tr>")

howmany = 0}

</script>

[/FMP-record]

</tr>

</table>

[ April 03, 2001: Message edited by: bman ]

yeah i sometimes forget to put that in.. because i design on a intranet mostly so i know that everyone that uses my site will have javascript..

by the way.. i'm not that gifted in javascript.. i simply know my way around. there are alot of people who know far more about it than i do.

[ April 06, 2001: Message edited by: bman ]

Yes, I agree b'man is gifted is JavaScript. Hecky darn, I agree that JavaScript has its advantages on certain things. I'm all for it and strongly recommend it.

I also strongly recommend understanding cdml. That is why I have written the demonstration which I have written and which includes a solution to running the cdml -script tags on-line safely. If you would like to know, even though my demonstration is based in FileMaker, Web Companion, html and cdml, it does acknowledge the advantage of JavaScript in certain situations. And while the Demonstration I've developed does not use .css or frames, it does acknowledge their usefulness in web development.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that the demonstration which I have developed, and which acknowledges all these things, also offers a way to safely run cdm -script tags on-line.

Perhaps you should recognize the talents of those versed in cdml and spring a few buck for this demonstration. Or is spending your money asking too much? My solution to the -script problem will save you money! <edit - should make you money -kmd>

See the reference in the cdml forum: SIMPLIFY -scripts safely run over the web.

Peace

Keith

[ April 06, 2001: Message edited by: Keith M. Davie ]

This topic is 8419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.