Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How does FMP12 New File Format Effect Server Vesion?

This topic is 4407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Are the new FMP12 files going to be able to be hosted by previous server versions? We currently have FMS 10. Will we have to upgrade server to use FMP 12?

Yes, as Tom noted. There is a specific file format change as well. So you will need to convert your existing files to the new .fmp12 format.

Steven

FM5 through FM6 shared the same file format, as did FM3 and 4, as did FM 7 to 11. It is possible to mix and match within each format. FileMaker 12 is a NEW format. Just as in previous versions, when there is a change in file format, no cross-connections are possible. 12 requires 12.

Has anyone been able to download the FMSA trial? Their download page has been down all night.

"Sorry, our trial software system is down for scheduled maintenance. We expect this interruption to last less than 4 hours."

I was able to purchase and download FMPA12 but I really need FMS12A ASAP!

Will FM Pro 11 clients be able to connect to databases hosted by FM Pro 12 (not server)?

no

This may be a stupid question, but will FileMaker Server 12 host .fp7 files? I ask because I am not pleased with the performance issues of FMP12, but DO want to take advantage of some of the new features of Server 12 like 64-bit and incremental backups.

This topic is 4407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.