Plastic throws java error, but transaction goes through, plug-in does not return any result

This topic is 4399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We've been using the Plastic plug-in for about a week. The version we are using is .82 but I just notice that they updated recently

for filemaker 12, so I am going to install that now, however, if this is not a version problem, here is what happened:

We are using FileMaker 12 and so far, we've been able to figure out and provide users with feedback when

an error occurs.

We got a java error ( of which the exact nature I can't tell you because I didn't take a screenshot ) but it

contained something like

java.something.something

in the reference, which I'm guessing is pointing to a specific issue with a java applet?

Anyways, the plug-in threw this error and did not populate any of the fields which I have used to capture;

last error, avs result, etc. ( maybe there is another function I can use to return other errors that I'm not?)

The problem is that the charges went through, and we charged the customer twice, and then since the

plug-in didn't work, we charged them again through another method.

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR BUSINESS!!!

Luckily the gateway notifies us for every transaction, so we caught it immediately, but I'm not happy

about this particular error being so shady and then allowing the transaction anyways, and not providing

any feedback whatsoever.

Please advise!

The plugin has been updated to work with FileMaker 12. The newest version is 1.84 and you should definitely remove the old version and install this latest one. Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after installing the new version of the plugin.

We are still having this problem, but only intermittently. Today the plug-in threw several java errors before finally successfully processing. It did not charge during the errors, so that

is a good thing. We currently have the plug-in on 2 workstations. Since we do not use it for every order, it is hard to tell whether the problem is a workstation issue or not. One

workstation has not gotten any errors recently, while the other has. I don't know whether it makes a difference, but we have an option to send for processing without address info, which

we built in cases where the processing fails due to a number of reasons. I cannot say whether it affects this Java error, but the last attempt that finally went through was using the

script that processed without the address info.

If this issue is affecting your business, you should contact our office at 770-234-9293 and ask for Sterling. If the transactions are going through, the error(s) you are receiving are most likely associated with function calls that don't contact the gateway. You must do error checking after every function call, and I would advise you not to chain function calls (e.g., CCProcessPayment(...) and CCLastTransactionResult) in the same Set Field or Set Variable script step. However, it is impossible to troubleshoot your issue without more information.

This topic is 4399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.