Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Online Video Streaming

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear All,

I would like to perform the task to store and retrieve the videos into and from FileMaker through Webcams (online Video streaming), like CCTV camera in the office or school like that. Please help me in achieving this task.

Thanks in advance...

Fitch,

I know the features of container fields. But my need is different. I want everything as a new data, separated by 2 hours. The videos should be stored in a location, there will be direct link (reference) of the video to the FileMaker container field. For example, from 00:00 to 02:00, it is should be first record, the next one will be 02:00 to 04:00....... I need my database in such a way. There will be auto increment of records one be one. It means for every day, it should create 12 records. I appreciate for any more suggestions.

Create a table called Videos which contains a numeric field videoNumber set to autoincrement by one - . Add a container field called Video to this table. For each new video, add a new record and link the container field Video to your store of video files. I don't know how you intend to add the videos, so I'll leave you to sort out how to do that.

Create a second table - lets call this Viewer. This table contains one numeric field called Counter.

On the relationship diagram, join Counter in Viewer with videoNumber in Videos with an = operator.

Create just ONE record in the Viewer table (don't create any more records or this will not work).

On a layout in the Viewer table, place the container field Videos::Video and also the field Viewer::Counter

Set the value of Counter to 1 - the first video should appear. As you change the value of counter, the video on the record with videoNumber equal to Counter should appear.

Now make a script that increments Counter by one:

set field[Viewer::Counter; Viewer::Counter + 1]

Commit Records/Requests[]

Every two hours, run this script so Counter will be incremented by one, so it points at the new video. (You could do this with an Install Timer script if you are using a client, of a scheduled script if you are using FMP server.) This script might also handle creating a new record in the Videos table and pointing it to the relevant video in your file store - but you'll need to add the script steps for that.

So every two hours, Counter is changed automatically and a user going to the viewer page will see the 'current' video.

This isn't a complete solution but hopefully will give you enough to get started.

Brian Rich

Helpful Systems

Warwickshire UK

Brian,

Here I am using Red 5 server, for video recording and all. Please help me, that how can I store video in FileMaker (reference) and retrieve back.

Sorry Kurshid

I don't know Red5 server, so I can't help you there.

To get streaming video to work you'll need Filemaker 12 with a Filemaker 12 server.

This article by Stephen Blackwell and Wim Decorte includes several technical narritives including one on how to manage remote containers on Filemaker 12 server. See the zipped file at the bottom of the post.

http://fmforums.com/...bold-new-steps/

HTH

Brian Rich

Helpful Systems

Warwickshire

UK

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.