Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Restricting chart to x amount of results

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This should be pretty straightforward but I'm not sure how to do it. Say I have a portal with 40 related records, the first 10 records have a significant amount of information that needs to be charted in a value field, but the remaining 30 records have an insignificant amount of information in the value field, say 1 or 2. How can I restrict the amount of records displayed in the portal to the first 10 results and prevent it from calculating the rest of the related information?

Something like LeftValues ( List ( yourChildTable::value ); 10 )

I need to display the first 10 records, regardless of what the "y" value is.

I'm trying to use the RecordNumber function, which does display the result that I want through the relationship, however getting it to only display the first 10 is proving problematic.

Right now I'm stuck on :

Case (

ParentTable » ChildTable::RecordNumber ≤ 10 ; List ( Name ) ;

"" )

But it still displays everything on the graph

Please post a copy of your file.

Sorry, not possible as this is a proprietary file for the company I work for. I'll try to explain in more detail what I'm trying to do and why I'm trying to do it. I am running a dynamic reported that is based upon a date range entered by a user. Because the range of the report can run from a day all the way to multiple years, I have to have a way to restrict the information that is displayed for the report, hence the "Top 10" results. I am trying to graph the top 10 clients by number of exams (internal nomenclature here, sorry) given the report range.

As I mentioned above, the graph itself is displaying its X value from a set of related child record's Name field, and the Y values from a field that displays a numeric value that contains the total number of exams performed within the report range. Given a large report range, there could be many child records included, but I want to restrict that number to the first 10 records for clarities sake. I'm attempting to do this via the charts calculation engine so that I can avoid making a dedicated field in the child table that displays the record number.

Are you saying that you are using portal filtering? Otherwise, if your users are doing a find then you can gather the series into a variable.

Why not post a stripped down version of your file or create a quick 2 table sample file. It is pretty much expected that people on here are dealing with proprietary or confidential files.

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.