Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Changing servers: .fp7 Access through PHP

This topic is 4358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

We previously hosted our website internally using a Windows 2003 server and our website had a client portal which linked to a FM database. We are in the process of shifting the website to an external LAMP server but do not wish to shift the FM databases off our server here. The website is being hosted on a VM with MelbourneIT, so we don't have the same amount of control as we would on our own servers. I've gone through some of the logical solutions I can think of (changing the ip address in the php files etc) however I think there must be more to it as when I try to access records through the portal I get the following:

Error contacting database: FX: cURL could not retrieve Post data in RetrieveFM7Data(). A bad URL is the most likely reason.

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type FX_Error as array in /home/SITE/public_html/clientBrowse.php on line 138

Line 138 in this file is the bottom line below (I've added in what's before in case it's relevant):

$query = new FX($IPAddress, $port);

$query->SetDBData($operationsDatabase, $layout, $listSize);

$query->SetDBUserPass($dbUsername, $dbPassword);

if($row['access'] == 'client')

{

$query->AddDBParam("client_name_lookup", $row['username'], "eq");

}

if($offset > 0)

{

$query->FMSkipRecords($offset);

}

$query->AddSortParam($sort, $order);

$result = $query->FMFind();

if (FX::isError($result))

{

echo "Error contacting database: " . $result->getMessage();

}

$records = $result['data'];

As neither a php expert nor the person who set it up, I'm a bit lost as to where to look next. The FX folder doesn't appear to contain anything that references the FM databases, but maybe I'm missing something. If anyone has any experience with this or ideas where to look it'd be greatly appreciated!

Note that Only IIS on Windows and Apache on OSX can be used a web server for FM web publishing, so shifting your web server to a Linux platform is not going to work without some serous unsupported "tweaks". So I would suggest going back to IIS or Apache on OSX.

• 2 weeks later...

You could host the website on a LAMP server, but the FM Web Publishing would have to remain on the Windows 2003 Server. The "$IPAddress" would then be the address of the Windows 2003 Server, not the LAMP server.

This topic is 4358 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.