Server Maintenance This Week. ×

I have installed FMPro 5 on W2000 and it does not run.

paulmild

This topic is 8399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have installed FMPro 5 on W2000 and it does not run. An hour glass comes up and program appears to be starting but then nothing. In Task Manager program is running as a process. In Safe Mode program will run. Anyone know of any possible issues. I have tried with LAN card disabled and with basic VGA monitor driver as both these have been suggested as possible problems.

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Trying to install on user's new PC which is running Win 2000 Pro.

Am experiencing same problem - hourglass and then nothing.

Task manager shows filemaker.pro.e is running.

Anyone ever get an answer on this?

• Newbies

I have been told that fm pro has a conflict with sound drivers on Dell machines running win 2000.

The suggestion was to disable the sound drivers. I have not been able to test this, since the drivers reload automatically on boot after they have been deleted.

Are those of you who are having this problem running Dell?

• Newbies

I have a Dell w/w2000 and had the same problem. Someone suggested to disable sound but did not know how. I got my Filemaker to work

by going into control panel -> Sounds and Multi Media -> Choose the "Hardware" tab -> Choose Sound Max Digital Audio Properties -> Press the Properties button -> Press the "+" Sign on Audio Devices -> Select Sound Max Digital Audio again -> Select Do Not use.

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Freedman:

I have installed FMPro 5 on W2000 and it does not run. An hour glass comes up and program appears to be starting but then nothing. In Task Manager program is running as a process. In Safe Mode program will run. Anyone know of any possible issues. I have tried with LAN card disabled and with basic VGA monitor driver as both these have been suggested as possible problems.

Thanks for any help

This topic is 8399 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.