Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot get Container fields to sync (on Contacts Management demo) via FileMaker GO

This topic is 4214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to get the MirrorSync demo file Contacts Management to also sync the image_data field (a Container). On the first attempt I could sync correctly only the image_data was not synced. On later attempts I made sure that image_data was mapped too. I did notice that in the screen "Field Mapping 1/2 Sync_Contacts" the Image_Data field was checked but also that it was displayed in Orange. Not sure what that means.

Finishing the set up, transferring the file to my iPad, run the script to link the database. Then added a record with an image taken from the iPad camera.

When I then try to sync with the script I get "Unable to call script on remote database - while uploading a container to the remote database, an error 802 occurred."

I tried it a second time immediately after and now it gives me a "Unable to call scsript on remote database - While uploading a container to the remote database, an error 100 occurred."

Are there any known issues syncing containers using FileMaker Go on iPad?

Related question: I see that the server tool keeps displaying the in-progress bar and the console has the text "Reading changes from all nodes". It only goes away if I click "Cancel". Does this prevent MirrorSync from accepting any sync calls from other clients? In other words, will syncing be blocked until this existing process is cancelled?

Regards,

--Marc

I seem to be getting the same sort of problem, i have a database on a server, MirrorSync starts the sync but then doesnt work when trying to upload a container field with my signature in, i get a 104 error code.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this the help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jafacakes2011

If you're getting an error 104, we discovered that there is a timing issue that can cause missing script references when pasting script steps into FileMaker. To fix it, do the steps in this exact order:

* Go through the configuration utility, and just click 'next' on everything to get to the part where you can copy and paste the script steps.

* Copy and paste the script steps as usual.

* Now, DELETE the script steps and then paste again. This will fix the problem.

We've fixed this problem in our development version. We plan on releasing this some time next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Newbies

I also get an error 100 when trying to synchronize a picture from the server to the ipad.

When synchronizing from the ipad (Filemaker GO) to the server the record is created but the picture is never saved on the record (the container is empty).

I also tried with FilemakerPro 12 Advanced on another machine. It works just fine.

Hello Alex,

Are you able to open the hosted file from FileMaker Go? If the hosted file is unavailable, it may be an issue with the server's configuration.

Can you copy and paste exactly the error you're experiencing? You can find this error in the MirrorSync layout, under the debugging tab.

Thank you!

Sarah

This topic is 4214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.