Custom dialog skipped over

This topic is 4241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am confronted with a weird problem I have never encountered before. I have just made a script in which there is a custom dialog box, however when the script runs the custom dialog box flashes on without pausing, rendering any response to the question asked impossible. My experience with custom dialog boxes up till now, was that they imposed an indefinite pause in the script so that the user would respond. Am I missing something really obvious here, or have I come across a bug ?

Thanks for the suggestion. If it's a corrupt script, in rewriting it I am duplicating the corruption. It still does not pause on custom dialog.

Not so. If you rewrite it FROM SCRATCH then you will eliminate the possibility that the original script is corrupt.

You could only duplicate the corruption if you were to duplicate the script and then edit the new one - as I said, do it from scratch, after all that's how it began life.

Sorry but I beg to differ. I have just rewritten it from scratch ( unless you call scratch rewriting all the scripts that are called up with the "perform script" steps) and I still don't get a pause on the Custom dialog step. Were you able to get it to pause there ?

I found out what was wrong. A script that is performed a few steps before the Custom dialog, is an Applescript step that had a superfluous "return" in it. And strangely the return was okaying the custom dialog even though several other steps were performed in between. A silly error on my behalf with an almost logical explanation. Thanks for all your comments that have helped me work this through.

This topic is 4241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.