Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Related value list not updating

This topic is 4263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two tables: Items, and Suppliers.

I have a value list to display Items, related to Suppliers.

When I update the Items, and add new ones, the value list is not updated... I had to edit the value list, and confirm it was stil set up the same, and then when I selected OK it was updated...

Why is this?

Actually, it's not updating at all. When I go to select the item in the field where the value list is attached, it comes up as no values defined. I then change the value list to display all the items (not just those related) and I can select the item. Then once I change the value list back to being related, it only shows the single item I had previously selected (even though there are multiple ones that share the same supplier).

Probably a mis-match of context. Meaning the Table Occurence of the layout you are trying to access the value list from, is not the same relationship group as the value list is based on.

I have Orders (orderID) --< (orderID) OrderLineItems (itemID) --< (itemID) Items

that is how the tables are related, and their is a portal on Orders, holding LineItems, and the value list comes from Items (related to suppliers via SupplierID).

And how is your value list defined?

Use values from first field: ItemID (Items), also display value from second field: Description (Items).

Include only related values starting from: Suppliers.

This should mean, if there is an ItemID that shares the SupplierID listed in the Order, it should appear in the value list?

is there any text in the makeup of the ID's?

No there's not.

It's an automated serial number.

After some more research it appears my issue is having the field in a portal.

Orders holds a portal containing OrderLinesItems fields. I assume this means that as each record in OrdersLineItems doesn't actually contain the SupplierID, and in turn doesn't have related records.

When I put an ItemID field in the Orders table, and have it outside the portal, the value list I am trying to create works fine. How do I go about fixing this?

This topic is 4263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.