Web Connector

upwood

This topic is 6569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After some time (seems time is random) Filemaker will generate an error of "Database Not Open" when users try to connect to the web front-end I have created (when, in fact, when I look at the console, FMP is maximized and running-all DBs ARE open, I can perform things on the open DBs from within FMP itself). I'm running Filemaker 5.0V3 (unl) and web connector 5.0V6 under Win2kpro.

Has anyone seen this before? Once any user gets this error, the web front-end is useless (for everyone) until I restart Filemaker. This is a major concern! Please Help smile.gif

Addition: It appears that whenevr this happens this appears in the web connector error log: [28/Dec/2000:15:58:28 -0500] HTTP session disconnected.

Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 29, 2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into this same problem.

Are you trying to connect to the FM DB throug ODBC? If so you will need to change your ODBC DNS such that 0 (zero) file will remain open. I have not found anyway to use this "feature" correctly. No matter what I do when I try to connect to FM DB through ODBC and I have the Files Open > 0 then I get a notice that it could not open the FM DB.

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

Yahoo! Messenger: prof_bunsen

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I've had similar experiences and was able to trace them to opeing and closing scripts that users were initiating when hosting on, and the databases were then reopened with different access privileges (thus disallowing no password access for web viewers). We modified the scripts and the problem went away.

• 2 years later...

This topic is 6569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fastfritz
      Is there a tool that allows you to open a filemaker database with a password on windows nt? I don't want to use the default password option.
    • By kochi65
      The company that I work for is interested in web enabling various databases. Our web servers are Netscape Enterprise Server 2.0 with NES 3.5.1 installed. The operating system on the server is Irix 6.4 (Unix).
      Does anyone if we can install and run Filemaker our current system or would we need to purchase a new server or operating system. I am not a server/operating system techie so any help would be greatly appreciate!
    • By Arin
      Does anyone know how to get the FMWSC to launch on startup with Mac OSXS so I don't ahve to login to launch the script/app?

• By snbowers
      Forgive me if this question's been asked.
      I administer a configuration that makes use of FileMaker Pro Server on one machine and FileMaker Pro Unlimited on another. The databases are all on the Server machine. All web interface files are on the Unlimited machine. This is on all on NT. I set up access for users to their web stuff so that they have control over changing that interface. The complaint I often get is that the "default" html file (usually default.htm) is left open and that they cannot replace the file with a new file. All other HTML/CDML files can be replaced. When you try to replace it, you get the message that another process has the file open. Shutting down related databases, etc. makes no change. I actually have to shut down FileMaker Pro Unlimited to cause the file to be released so that it can be replaced. Has anybody else had this problem and is there a way around this??
      ------------------
      - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Steve Bowers
      Sr. Systems Analyst
      ITS Academic Technologies
      The University of Iowa
      Iowa City, IA 52242
      steven-bowers@uiowa.edu
    • By pengil2k
      OK,
      I've looked several places for this info and have been frustrated to no end. Can someone please tell me how to start and stop a database remotely (via the web) when using FMPro 5 Unlimited and the Web Companion!!!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.