Radio Buttons

s.wesson

This topic is 4142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am working on making a report that shows which items a sales person had sold in a month. The way the database is set up is that there are 12 worksheets. These worksheets are used to provide a price for either different rooms or different plans depending on how the salesperson wants to price the cabinets they are selling. They can price up to 3 different cabinet styles. This calculates the cost of worksheets for each style. 

Everything is working on that aspect but now I want to add the ability that they can print off their commission report at the start of each month for the jobs they sold last month. 

Here is where I'm needing help. Sometimes a customer will buy everything that was priced in the style 1 group. Sometimes they will mix and match. I've made 12 radio boxes that have 3 values, 1 for each style, for each of the 12 worksheets. I want to grab the price for each option that the sales person has selected for each worksheet.

I'm not sure how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

post-108000-0-48251300-1357781239_thumb.

post-108000-0-30501400-1357781278_thumb.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

First, you did exactly the proper procedure for bumping your questions that had not received help.

Bravo..

A couple of observations.

Those are Checkboxes not Radio Buttons. There are some differences in how they work. 

Don't use generic names for your Fields, unless the real data is TestPlan1

Why not submit a demo or copy of your file?

• Newbies

Lee,

The screen shots I posted are the values in the fields. I didn't post pictures of the actual field names. I can post if needed.

Those are Checkboxes not Radio Buttons. There are some differences in how they work.

Can you explain to me why these are checkboxes? I was under the impression I had used a Radio Box as I selected that option so that user could only select 1 of 3 possible choices.

In my Google Searches, I am thinking I might need to use a Case statement, but I am not to sure about this as I have never used them before.

Any help would be appreciated.

It might speed things up a bit if you posted the file.

Can you explain to me why these are checkboxes?

That is what I'm seeing on your screen shots. i.e.a box instead of a round button.

Lee

I'm seeing radio buttons on the second uploaded image Lee.

What is needed is much more info on your file. Keep in mind when you post a question that we have no idea what you're working with. What tables do you have, how are they related. Do you have a seperate table for worksheets or plans or whatever? Or are you showing us 12 fields in one table with names like plan1, plan2, plan3, etc? If that's the case then it is a clear indication that there should be a table for plans or worksheets or something. If the table structure and relationships are not setup properly from the beginning, you may be able to make things work but you will run into problem after problem that will need to be worked around, especially with generating reports..

As Lee suggested, attach the file. It will be a lot easier than trying to explain how it's all put together in a post.

• Newbies

I will make a copy of the file and post it tonight when I get back to the computer that has it on there. As for the database structure, I created a table for each of the 12 worksheets. All the fields are the same and they all relate to my estimates table. The relationships all work as I am able to create estimates that are priced correctly.

As shown in the above screen shots, each worksheet can be priced in 3 different styles. I want to have the sales staff select which style group for each of the worksheets the customer has purchased. I then want to get value of that and add all up of Group 1 together, all of Group 2, all of Group 3.

This topic is 4142 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.