Remove value from list

emaven

This topic is 4075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My value list is created from entries I make in a field. I have used this list for several years and it is quite long. I pick the entry from a pop-up menu. It is working perfectly. However, I noticed some wrong entries and would like to remove them. How do I do this? There is no place where I see the values in the list.

I am using FM Pro 12, Mac OS X 10.8.3

OK... Is it the list that has bad entries? Or some of your records?

If the list, and it's based on a field then - some of the records which have that field have a bad entry to make the bad value in the list. Go and find the records and edit the value or remove the record.

If it's a record where the list is used, then at some stage the values have been edited by other than the list. Again, in that table find the bad records and edit them to be correct.

yes, the records HAVE had a bad entry. They don't have it any more because it was edited ages ago.

But the bad entry is still in the list. It is the list that needs to be fixed, not the data. The list did not change when the data was edited. 

Do you know about the "insert from index" feature?

Enter find mode, go to the field in question, do command-I, enter the value, perform the find.

I suppose the index may really be corrupt - but are you really really sure there aren't records holding this value?

Also, it is good to do this on a copy of the field that is set up as standard field, NOT set up as a check list or radio button, so you can see the entire contents of the field.

This topic is 4075 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.