Running Batch Files

tomlepk

This topic is 8407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to be able to execute batch files from a script. Is this possible without a seperate DDE server or does one of the Windows applications implement this functionality. I have been to the Microsoft Tech Net site, and if you have tried to get info from Microsoft's over saturated Knowledge Base you know what I mean.

Also it doesn't have to be DDE I just need to be able to execute Batch files from a Script.

Thanx,

Thomas Lepkowski

There is a product called WinBatch that has upwards of 500+ commands of various sorts that might be what you're looking for. They have a site at 'www.windowware.com' . I have used WinBatch in combination with the Troi files plugin, although I believe you can get compiled WinBatch files to execute from script commands in FM.

Use the "Send Message" script step to execute the batch files. Also, if the batch file can be run on one command prompt, you can set a calculation or text field to build your batch file on the fly. I use this method in a forms catalog system that copies the form file (FileMaker of course) to the user's hard drive - works like a charm.

Example: "cmd.exe /c copy servernameformsFilemakerFile.FP5 c:forms"

It also creates Apple Scripts on the fly for our MAC users using the same methodology.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 8407 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.