Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

File Name: ShortCut

File Submitter: tgellar

File Submitted: 16 May 2013

File Category: Solutions

FM Version: 12

ShortCut is a FileMaker Solution which emulates a PC shortcut or Mac alias file. It will locate your remote FileMaker Server anywhere in your office network or anywhere in the world (internet access required) and open the shared FileMaker Database Solution.

ShortCut includes an e-mail function which allows you to send unlimited copies of your configured ShortCut to employees so they, too, will be able to connect directly to the shared FileMaker Solution. No need to train them for Remote Connection or setting Favorites. It also includes up to three file path modifications, allowing for changes in Server configuration or Solution name changes.

Click here to download this file

• 6 months later...

Well, I have probably 25-30 $1.99 programs I've downloaded that I never use.  Only once tried can I really tell whether they will be something I can use.  It was not money well spent from my perspective, running up to $50 if you notice.  It is like wrapping your product in that horrible plastic that almost kills you to get it off and then saying you can't return it because it has been mangled.

Makeup was like that.  I stopped that junk too.  So no I won't risk a five spot unless I know I can get my money back if I end up thinking it is not worthwhile.

Edited by Charity

Well, I have probably 25-30 $1.99 programs I've downloaded that I never use.  Only once tried can I really tell whether they will be something I can use.  It was not money well spent from my perspective, running up to $50 if you notice.  It is like wrapping your product in that horrible plastic that almost kills you to get it off and then saying you can't return it because it has been mangled.

Makeup was like that.  I stopped that junk too.  So no I won't risk a five spot unless I know I can get my money back if I end up thinking it is not worthwhile.

And how does the vendor know that you have really uninstalled?

How does the vendor make any money when their time is being spent on tiny transactions like this?

Some customers aren't worth having.

Some customers aren't worth having.

I could not disagree more.  Tiny transactions?

Responding or not responding to a customer, based upon how much money they spend, is a lost opportunity for future business.  

Furthermore, ask Wrigley's gum if they ignore the importance of a single sale.  Oh, you only need to spend $5.00 for my product?  Then give me my $5.00 and get lost?  Nada.  Every customer - every potential customer ... is worth their weight in gold.  And ALL should be respected.  

• Like 1

Thank you LaRetta.  All I did was ask a question.  I did not realize I was going to be judged as not a customer worth having.

Bruce, for $5.00 does the vendor worry that I have uninstalled?  Really?  If I am too small peanuts for them to respond then they are too small peanuts for me to worry about uninstalling.  

If me as a customer is not worth it then why are they in business at all?  I, like LaRetta, disagree with you as well.  I sure hope your line of work isn't customer service!

Again, all I did was ask a simple question.

Hi Charity,

Thank you LaRetta.  All I did was ask a question.

I agree with you. The OP should have responded to you.

I don’t agree that they need to make their file a demo in some way, but it would have been nice for them to respond to you anyway.

In order to protect their intellectual properties, they would have to create some kind of Drop Dead schema. For $5.00 it probably isn’t worth the time to institute this.

IMO, you probably would have been throwing away $5.00

Lee

This topic is 3789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.