Help needed building patients database (EMR)

grovph

This topic is 3957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear Members

I 'm a brazilian doctor newbie in filemaker, nevertheless I'm trying to develop a small system ( EMR - electronic medical records ) to be used in a social/caritative public clinic environment. So, the problem is as follows:

a database with the main entity patients

each patient has n ( unlimited ) visits ( or consultations)

each consultation has n ( unlimited ) prescriptions

each consultation has  n ( unlimited ) exams

and etc

Thus, I built one table patient ( for demographics) linked to table_visits.

A script to generate a new patient and a new visit

which are displayed in a portal ( see attached file, please)

My problem is to link in the same way the subsequent table ( exams ) in order to be generate multiple exams requests , originated from that visit

I tried with set variable and set field, but no success so far.

Could anyone look at my sample base and give me a hint.

Thank you all. 

teste_portal.fmp12.zip

You might set a global variable to the visit ID, which you could then use to set the visit ID in the exam record.

Or you could use a global field to store the currently selected visit ID. This would allow you to create a relationship from the global field to exams for your portal.

Either way you should consider using an auto-entered serial number for the visit ID. This would be unique across all visits, and is less likely to get you into trouble than the visit sequence that starts with 1 for each patient. (You can have both, just use the serial number for relationships, and the other for display.)

Another possibility (probably simplest) is to go to a Visits layout to enter your exams.

Hi, Fitch

thanks for your answer.

I got what you mean, but my problem, goes a little bit further in the structure of the database

How can I  link in the same way the subsequent (s)  table (s)  ( e.g exams ) in order to generate multiple exams requests , originated from that visit

in short : one patient ---> Xn visits ----> Xn prescriptions < ---- > Xn medications

---->  Xn exams  <----- > Xn exams requests

-----> Xn Letters <------> Xn kinds of letters ( to pacients, to doctors, to social security, etc)

a sort of chain connecting:

one patient ---> to many visits-

one visit to many prescriptions  and so one )

Please take a look on my example ( I wanted to set variable and set field in order to "copy" the id from visits to , let's say exams, or prescriptions) but the portal doesn't work anymore

in the way that  are shown ( in a portal ) 

in other words the script "add_exames"doesn't work  :sad:

Could you take a look at my sample base and give me a hint ? and perhaps correct it ?

It sounds like what you're after is this:

You go to the patient record.

The record has a portal with visits.

You click a button in the visits portal (the button can be transparent and cover the portal row).

The button sets a global field -- let's call it gVisitID -- to the visit ID that you clicked.

You have these relationships:

gVisitID - prescriptions::visitID

gVisitID - exams::visitID

gVisitID - letters::visitID

---

Use these relationships to display the related data in portals.

Is that enough to get you started?

Hi , Fitch

Thank you for your advice.

So far I have done in a different way; I think the file is self explanatory.

It's still in a very early stage of development and I would like to know if this approach could be better than what you suggest.

Please take a look on the file and let me know what do think

To go further I need to implement some sort of agenda or scheduler ( web capable) in order to book consultations

What do you suggest ? and how to implement ( the easy way please - very simple stuff)

Thanks

patients_database.zip

Dear Members

Here is where I got 

One sample database for patients , visits, follow ups, exams. All linked and related and working like a charm.

Another sample database for booking patients and exams.

The problem is how to integrate this simple schedulling plan ( and improve it) in the main database in orther to book patients and exams .

Any help will be most welcomed

Medical Database.fmp12.zip

patients_database.zip

I agree with Bruce. You're much more likely to get helpful replies if you ask specific questions.

"How do I design a database?" is not a specific question.

Thanks Tom. Though - currently - that isn't quite my point.

Though everybody here can make their own decisions about how much free help to provide other people, from my perspective, grovph is expecting way too much.

He's asking for a complete foreign language medical practice system to be designed - by other people - for free.

Including a complex medical calendar system.

It is a LOT off work; and he should be paying for this.

Hi All,

Thank you for your ideas, impressions and help enlighten this topic.

I though that each side (developers and doctors) could share creative views about a medical system.

I never asked anybody to develop for me a complete medical system, nor even a medium size medical system, just to improve examples I already provided.

The examples although simple could provide for others points to start from.

Take a look in France filemaker forum (sure with all your capacities, French is not a barrier as is not for most educated intellectuals). 

Where you can find discussions about the method in the same way I asked for :

http://www.fmsource.com/index.php/topic/39270-sos-medecins/?hl=%2Bcabinet+%2Bmedical#entry172124

http://www.fmsource.com/index.php/topic/39196-cabinet-medical/?hl=%2Bcabinet+%2Bmedical

http://www.fmsource.com/index.php/topic/28556-base-cabinet-medical-avis-sur-la-methode/?hl=%2Bcabinet+%2Bmedical

And last not least even a complete open source filemaker medical system :  http://www.medclipse.com/medclipsefm/index.php

I was just trying to update for FM12 known concepts, 

Now on, I will look for discussion elsewhere.

I will close this topic

Thank you  all

This topic is 3957 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.