<no values defined> when record access is limited

jasonwood

This topic is 3935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a value list of the type "Use values from field" and "Use all values". A second field is shown (same table).

When I change the record "view" access to "Limited" for the user's privilege set, that user is no longer able to use the value list, even if they have view privileges for all of the records in the table! Popup menus simply display "<no values defined>"

Is this normal?

Have you checked in Manage Security under the "Limited" privilege set if they have access to the records in both the Records and Value Lists options? Settings under Records would have to allow them to see the records in both the table from the layout you are using and the table from which the value list is based. Settings under Value Lists would obviously have to be checked to allow for the name of the value list you are using. 

If I change the record access to "Yes", the value list works, so this is not an issue with layout or value list access. Only once I choose "Limited..." and enter a calculation to determine access, the value list breaks, even if they still have access to some or all of the records (based on the calculation).

PatternCount ( $$userCompanyAccess ; "¶" & id & "¶" )

$$userCompanyAccess contains a list of id's of the company records users are allowed to access.

It works from a record viewing perspective. It just breaks the value list for an unknown reason.

• 2 weeks later...

yes.

My problem was solved when I used a global field instead of a global variable.

I don't see why the behaviour should be different, but I'm happy to have gotten it working...

This topic is 3935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.