Multiple portals

milky

This topic is 3828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone, I have a table called tasks and I would like to show 4 portals on the screen side by side which show the found set of tasks for the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.

Each task has the following fields - taskID, Task, Contractor, Quarter.

How do I achieve this and what do I use as the join?

Thank you in advance

If the names of your quarters are unique (e.g. 2013Q1, 2013Q2, etc.) then you could use these alone to display all of the tasks.  Otherwise you'll want to specify the year as well, as an additional match criterion.  

The matchfields that you use may also depend on what the table is for the layout on which you are placing these portals.  If you are displaying this on a record specific to other features (e.g. Contractor) then the Contractor ID could also be added to the match field, or used to filter your portal.  

I would like to show 4 portals on the screen side by side which show the found set of tasks for the 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.

I am not sure if you mean that literally. Relationships ignore all found sets; portals show the related set, with no regard to any finds you may have performed - see, for example, this recent thread:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/90144-portalsanywhere/#entry413816

An easy way to accomplish something like you describe would be to sort the found set by quarter and show it in list view, with sub-summary parts separating the four groups.

This topic is 3828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.