Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Webdings font dropped from 13 for Mac

LaRetta

This topic is 3175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This will affect many people who use Webdings, Wingdings for low-impact graphics and bar charts, as well as rectangles.  Graphical fonts will no longer render on Mac.

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/0f6fabd1e1

And I confess it makes no sense ... I have a new Mac with Maverick and I have Webdings no problem.  Oh well, what will be will be and we will just have to fix everything on this end like we always do.  :laugh2:

• 4 months later...

Thanks Loretta.

Good info as I have several apps that require extensive custom font usage.

Will let you know if there are any other issues or items of interest.

PS

I think that Filemaker deprecated Type1 fonts in v11? and that Mac OSX deprecated truetype for Opentype when they got rid of Rosetta in 10.7?

Filemaker will now only work on subsets of fonts depending on platform version.

Sigh.

:-)

• 1 month later...

I noticed this in the update to OS X 10.9.3:

• Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts

Can anyone advise if the update has resolved the webding issue by reinstalling the font, or are there any other fixes to this that have come about.  I have no way of installing this font again at this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone advise if the update has resolved the webding issue by reinstalling the font, or are there any other fixes to this that have come about.

Hi, no, 10.9.3 doesn't fix it. Though i've got FMP 12 and 13 running on 10.9.3, and webdings works on 12 but no 13, so i'd say it's a FMP thing.

They have a 'workaround' for it, but it seems pretty lame to me if you're using webdings in layouts for arrows etc ... http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13130

• 1 year later...

I'm helping one of my old customers convert his .FM7 file to .FM12 he's using FM14, he has successfully converted the files, but is having this issue with the webdings font, can anyone recommend a different font and or a work around for this issue.  The FM answer is of no use as these characters are applied in layout mode as buttons and are also conditionally formatted.

FM 14 can use SVG icons. If you are using them for buttons, find SVG icons that are compatible with FM and import them, and use those instead.

Edited by Josh Ormond
  • Like 1

This topic is 3175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.